When you concern about the food calories, you should also calculate the calories level of your favorite cup of coffees. We know that there are various types of coffee where some coffee’s beverage have fewer calories, and some have higher calories.
Coffee calories depend on the ingredients used to customize the coffee cup. If you prefer to create your coffee with milk, sugar, and other ingredients, then the calories level will be increased. However, black coffee is almost low in calories.
According to the Healthline, the below list of information would be helpful to determine the calorie level in 8 ounces(240ml).
- Black coffee contains 2 calories
- Espresso has 20 calories
- Coffee with 1 tablespoon (15 ml) of skim milk contains 7 calories
- Coffee with 1 tablespoon (15 ml) half-and-half and 1 teaspoon of sugar have 38 calories
- A nonfat latte contains 72 calories
- Nonfat cappuccino 46 calories
- Nonfat macchiato 52 calories
- Nonfat mocha 129 calories
If we want to simply count the single coffee ingredient calories, by following the below calories info can be helpful somehow.
- 1 teaspoon sugar contains 16 calories (SFGate)
- No-fat milk contains 11 calories for 2 tablespoons
- Low-fat milk(2%) has 14 calories
- Whole milk adds 18 calories for 2 tablespoons (EatoutEatwell)
- Heavy whipping cream has 55 calories/per tablespoons
- Half and half 20 calories for 1 tablespoon
After calculating the calories level, you can get to know about the level of calories of your daily cup of coffees.
Let’s write down the below questions in your paper and answer those. These questions will help you for going deeper into the coffee calorie estimate.
- How many coffee cups do you need every day?
- What type of coffee do you like?
- What ingredients do you use to prepare coffee?
If you would like to enjoy coffee at home then you can calculate your coffee calories. But what if you go to the coffee shop every week? Katherine Zeratsky, R.D., L.D provided a great suggestion for this:
“When you’re at your local coffee shop, check out the nutrition information before you order. Some coffee drinks can have hundreds of calories.”Katherine Zeratsky
You may also like: